About Giant Media
Giant Media offers video advertising solutions for brand advertisers. Our proprietary data targeting stack delivers effective and efficient video distribution campaigns across YouTube, outstream, instream and OTT environments.
Giant Media’s team of account managers, engineers, data scientists, designers, operations specialists and marketing experts are experts at creating unique and innovative video advertising solutions for brands and agencies alike by using exclusive targeting that is data-centric and brand safe. Brand advertisers such as Capital One, Heineken, Toyota and many more have had success with our comprehensive cross-format video solutions.
We’re expanding our sales team and are adding a Sales Director. This role is based in Los Angeles and will report to the CEO, also based in LA.
What will you do?
The Giant Media team is looking for an experienced and high-energy Sales Director. The primary function of this role is to accelerate the growth of our revenue and client base in the Los Angeles market. Primary responsibilities include:
- Sales Effectiveness: Generate qualified leads, establish close rate benchmarks and continuously deliver sales results to raise the bar. Attend conferences, work leads generated from the executive team, own the RFP process to ensure constant learning and improvement.
- Go-to-Market Sales Strategy: Working with the executive team, provide input for a successful and scalable sales strategy for establishing relationships with brands and media agencies. Execute against this strategy and achieve milestones for account growth.
- Leadership and Innovation: Be a vocal and influential member of the sales team. Constantly raise the bar in terms of the way Giant Media sells, consults and strategizes. Never be satisfied.
- Pipeline Management: Effectively manage your current and future sales pipeline using various tools including Salesforce.
- Successful Achievement of Revenue Goals: Winning large budgets from client base and build upon those relationships to drive further revenue growth.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident sales executive with at least:
- 5+ years recent experience working at a digital media company, video / ad tech platform and / or digital agency
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a client-facing role, focusing on new business
- Experience and success with video and/or branded content campaigns preferred
- Deep experience and ties to the Los Angeles market at agency and brand levels
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Proactive Leader: The desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Strategic Thinker: The ability to identify and solve client issues strategically
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven Track Record: A successful work history in meeting sales goals and commitments
How will you succeed?
- Keep active schedule full of client meetings and events
- Deliver steady pipeline of new account and campaign opportunities
- Maintain strong close rate while increasing revenue for your most important accounts
- Achieve and exceed personal quarterly and yearly revenue goals
What do we offer?
- Compensation: Competitive salary and commission plan
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k with employer match included, relaxed vacation policy – employees have freedom to take paid time off as needed
- Food & Drinks: Catered lunch twice a week, snacks and drinks
- Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office