About Giant Media
Giant Media’s team of account managers, engineers, data scientists, designers, operations specialists and marketing experts are experts at creating unique and innovative video advertising solutions for brands and agencies alike by using exclusive targeting that is data-centric and brand safe. Brand advertisers such as Capital One, Under Armour, Toyota and many more have had success with our comprehensive cross-format video solutions.
Our flagship SaaS product, VuePlanner, is a transparent, insight-driven planning tool for buying advertising on YouTube. Giant Media combines proprietary technology and IBM Watson to read, understand and interpret the content and context of hundreds-of-millions videos, which helps buyers to get closer to the audiences they want to reach.
We’re expanding our operations team and are adding an Ad Operations Manager. This role will be located in our Kansas City or Los Angeles office and report to Director of Media Strategy and Operations based in Kansas City.
What will you do?
As an Ad Operations Manager, you will provide support across several ad operations functions; namely setting up new campaigns, monitoring and managing live campaigns, reviewing and analyzing data to make improvement optimizations, and troubleshooting issues when they arise. This position requires a good mix of technical and people skills, as well as comfort working in an operational environment where service and urgency make a difference. Primary duties include:
- Campaign Setup: Assist with the set up of new ad campaigns.
- Campaign Delivery and Performance: Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot.
- Campaign Optimization: Monitor and analyze to ensure customer satisfaction and provide suggestions for data driven optimization. Work with the team to proactively investigate delivery issues and communicate any/all changes to internal parties.
- Campaign Audits: Perform VuePlanner audit reports for new and potential clients.
- Campaign Quality and Brand Safety: Ensure clients are running exclusively in brand safe environments by analyzing video placement reports.
Additional duties may include:
- Assisting the product and editorial teams with miscellaneous tasks.
- Creation of test pages for testing or screenshot purposes.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident team member with the following skillset:
- 2-3 years of experience buying and running media in an ad operations capacity.
- Proficiency with DSP buying platforms (e.g. The Trade Desk, Amobee, Campaign Manager, Google Ads, DV360, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of video ad tags (VAST/VPAID).
- Familiarity with YouTube TrueView video advertising.
- Familiarity with Tableau reporting software.
- Familiarity with Boolean search logic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Detail Oriented: Solid track record exhibiting high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-Starter: ability to follow broad instructions, work with minimal supervision and be diligent and eager to learn.
- Communication: excellent oral and written skills.
What do we offer?
- Compensation: Competitive salary and commission plan
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k with employer match included, relaxed vacation policy – employees have freedom to take paid time off as needed
- Food & Drinks: Catered lunch twice a week, snacks and drinks
- Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office